| Add caption |
"Well, I'm not really sick, I just wanted to stay home."
His response to me asking how he was feeling mid-day Wednesday when I let him stay home from school for a morning cough. He went to school Thur but came home with a horrible cough and ended up with a low-grade fever and bad cough Thursday night and had a true sick day on Friday, so in his defense - and mine - something was brewing.
"Am I EVER going to get sick again?"
Stating his dismay over having to go to school on Monday. Promptly followed by:
"Tell me about my long weekend again."
The rest of the car ride on the way to school Monday involved me explaining all of the vacation he has coming up, up summer vacation 2012 and first grade (which is particularly exciting since he can play on "Lucy," the big kid playground then)
"It's an American Flag! We had American studies today."
Oscar proudly explaining the Indian flag sticker on his shirt Monday after school. This ties in nicely to him assuring me that he's from Mexico.
" I like school, but I'm still getting used to it."
"Last week I had one friend, but now I have two."
My particular favorite part of the story is you explaining to him all his upcoming vacation :) I can totally relate as I always have to have something on my calendar to look forward to. Sometimes, that's all that gets me through the day :)
ReplyDeletehehe..i was hoping this stage wouldn't hit him until he was at least 10 though!!
ReplyDelete