Mosquitos are not our friends, but geckos are! The kids already know that while they have free reign to kill any mosquito or ant they see, geckos eat mosquitos (and other bugs) and are very welcome in our house. Here we are saying good morning to a few. I took this picture not even realizing there are actually 2 on the window if you can see them - one inside and one outside.
The outlets here have finger-sized whole to fit the plugs. I'm grateful we are essentially passed the "let me investigate everything in my path, especially things that look like I shouldn't be playing with them" stage but I still have nightmares of Livi deciding an outlet looks like a good place to put her finger in. So, Oz and I spent a little time this morning putting some wall decals over some plugs. He had a ball picking out which decals to use and which part of the room got an autobot or deceptacon sticker. And yes, I watched while he was putting them on and he was very safe about it. He actually got upset with me for repeatedly reminding him to be careful and said, "I knooooow!" I did keep reminding him though :)
And for those of you that want a little more information about Chennai to balance out my ramblings on food eaten and bugs greeted, check out this great blog by a fellow EFM (eligible family member - family member of the officer working at the consulate) who has almost daily photos and stories:
hellotalalay.blogspot.com
The outlets here have finger-sized whole to fit the plugs. I'm grateful we are essentially passed the "let me investigate everything in my path, especially things that look like I shouldn't be playing with them" stage but I still have nightmares of Livi deciding an outlet looks like a good place to put her finger in. So, Oz and I spent a little time this morning putting some wall decals over some plugs. He had a ball picking out which decals to use and which part of the room got an autobot or deceptacon sticker. And yes, I watched while he was putting them on and he was very safe about it. He actually got upset with me for repeatedly reminding him to be careful and said, "I knooooow!" I did keep reminding him though :)
And for those of you that want a little more information about Chennai to balance out my ramblings on food eaten and bugs greeted, check out this great blog by a fellow EFM (eligible family member - family member of the officer working at the consulate) who has almost daily photos and stories:
hellotalalay.blogspot.com
Thanks for the surprise plug! And welcome to the wonderful world of Chennai, a blogger's paradise (dirty and noisy and stinky but still a wonder).
ReplyDeleteMy blog pales in comparison to yours for chennai info, so I thought it would help balance out our family oriented one.... hope you don't mind! :) You're getting around actually since a consulate friend of mine in calcutta was the one who told me about your blog last week.
ReplyDelete