Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy UAB!

Our UAB arrived last week and Oz was literally running around the house in circles with excitement. He'd find a toy and say something like, "My Bumblebee!! I was thinking about this!" Their big stuffed animals (the shark and elephant) were huge hits. Our possessions here have at least doubled, and the majority are toys that are essentially just scattered throughout the house now. I made a very valiant attempt to straighten and organize toys by type, but within 5 min of the kids playing they were everywhere again. I think we'll just keep them in a box in the corner until we get our bins!

Overall, I think we did a pretty decent job of packing what we would need. There are plenty of toys, which honestly are essential. While we were packing out, we realized we were hundreds of pounds underweight (rookie mistake). The last minute decision to throw in some snack foods and cereal have come in handy, and aside from toys were probably the best items we packed. The kids both love cereal and granola bars, and at $10 a box I can't stomach to even buy them here. I also just ordered some from Amazon that came in a couple of days ago and should last for a few weeks. Our wardrobes have doubled, and we can get movies from the consulate thanks to Tia and our VCR....Relatively new movies are available through the consulate on VHS. Go figure!

I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when our HHE gets here!!


1 comment:

  1. These pics are awesome! I can't quite tell if Oz is in the third photo...is he buried under toys? :)

    ReplyDelete