Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The head bobble and a few notes

-The head bobble is an ever-present part of communication. It can mean anything from "yes I understand you perfectly and agree with you" to "I hear you talking but that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with or understand what you are saying." You just get used to it and find other ways to make sure you understand each other. And yes, that is easier said than done. Oz head bobbled me within 48 hours of our arrival.

- The first night here, we were trying out our surge protectors and Oscar actually shocked himself on one with an open fuse in back. We thought they were provided by the consulate and were shocked and appauled. When we found out the last tenants just left them behind, we simply tossed them out. Thanks but no thanks!

- Our neighbors upstairs have a rooftop patio and in our first night there, we went up to check it out. Very cool to see planes flying overhead, and large fruit bats too! Not to mention the giant solar panels on the roof which may be the source of our backup power?

-Chicken nuggets! They can be ordered from the meat store and delivered right to your house, along with your bacon (yeah for Oz!), ground beef, and boneless breasts of chicken. Both kids LOVED them and they both finally ate some meat. Livi is also eating eggs and peanut butter, Oz is not...unless there's nutella involved. Neither of them has really tried the savory Indian spices, although Oz did eat Tandoori chicken and a few bites of birynai one day. Baby steps....

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed with their eating and trying new things! The delivery of chicken nuggets is pretty cool, I have to say...

    ReplyDelete