Friday, December 2, 2016

Halloween x3

We had 3 Halloween experiences this year. The first was the annual "costume party" at the kids school. Livi was all about the photos, but I was lucky to get one of Oscar too. After a parade the kids run around paying games and getting treats at stations set up by each class. The first costumes of the year were The Tooth Fairy and Kylo Ren.




I just love how excited she gets to spot us in the crowd!
Oscar's a bit more aloof. Think he's smiling under there?

Livi and her buddies (one of which was the inspiration for her next costume)

Halloween part 2 was the main event, with Trick or Treating at the American compound. Oscar invited his friend Sam and they kids were very happy with their haul. Costumes for the evening were a zombie (Oscar had a lot of fun creating his own costume by cutting up old clothes and using fake blood) and a vampire (but one with red lipstick, not fake blood).
Getting into character



getting ready at the pre-party
A water war broke out beforehand and Oscar was ready
I include this picture for it's utter ridiculousness

Harry slept through trick or treating, but woke up when we got home to check out the candy.



 Since Harry slept through his first trick or treating experience, I had the kids trick or treat at our house on actual Halloween (a Monday) with Harry.

A rare Livi and Harry picture
A cheeky monkey (it actually says that on the feet of the costume), mexican skeleton, butterfly, and a dragon
Trick or Treat!
Can't wait for next year which will most likely be in Old Town where I hear it's truly an event! I'm still hanging on to a family theme but since the kids are already planning their own ideas, Harry may be the only one that joins in... Here's the costume that wasn't but just may be the inspiration for next years theme. I figure old school is the way to go:







No comments:

Post a Comment