Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oscarisms and Ginormica











These pics are from our snow last week. A perfect amount for the kids to play in and even a snow day for dada! We had a wonderful day today. We made it to the village for an amazing breakfast that both children miraculously behaved for and we found parking within 5 min! Neither of us had to leave the restaurant with someone who didn't feel like sitting either! The trick is to make sure they're both hungry...We then hit Washington Sq. park and played a little before heading home. Really looking forward to spring when it's a little warmer and we can really hang out at the parks!!

Hmm...I thought I had a ton to write and can't think now...perhaps because I can hear Livi still awake downstairs when she's supposed to be sleeping! Oh, a few cute Oscarisms:
-We had a play date that didn't go so well with a boy who turned out to not be so friendly this time around. Nothing major, but he made it clear he didn't want to play while we were there. At one point he actually growled pretty agressively at Oscar. We stayed for a bit, but not long and on the way home I was concerned I was going to have to do damage control. I asked Oscar if he had fun and he said, "Well, I had fun but not when he growled at me." From now on this boy is going to be known as the "one who growled at me." He was definitely a little odd...
-On the way home, we stopped to get some chocolate pudding as a treat. We got home and Oscar downed it. He looked at me after it was done and said, " After that choclate pudding I'm sure going to sleep today!" I have NEVER heard him say before that he was actually going to sleep for nap time!
-Oscar's been sleeping in a little and we had to wake him up the other day for school. At around 8 Livi and I went into his room and started to just clean up and make a little noise to try and wake him slowly. After about 5 min he sits up and shouts, "I'm still sleeping!! Go in the other room and shut the door!" That would be my gene :) Granted, he screamed out, "I'm awake" about 2 min later....

Livi is Ginormica as always...a reference to the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. She's a force of nature and essentially leaves a path of destruction as she moves throughout the house! :) She also has her sweet side though and it truly a lap child - you sit down and she's climbs in your lap! She does it for stories, playtime, and TV time....anytime you're on the floor you can be sure she'll come over and join you.

No comments:

Post a Comment