I had a turn at chopped liver this weekend! This is what Big Oscar usually says when Oscar only wants me to do something for him - "What am I, chopped liver?!" So, this Saturday it was all about Dada ,and Mama was chopped liver! Kind of liberating but I must admit I was a bit jealous too :)So... Oscar's monday was decent. A few tears at goodbye, but a relatively quiet day. He's quite adamant about saying he doesn't like school these past few days however...I think coming off of weekend is hard. His class has a field trip to the children's museum that I'm going to on Friday that I keep bringing up to get him through the week. Our first school bus adventure! The saga continues.
Let's see, we had a great family weekend hanging around the house on Saturday and braving Ikea on Sunday. Oscar had a BLAST at Ikea, mostly due to the ball pit they have there for the kids to play in. He made some friends there 2, 5 year old boys and apparantly they had a lot of fun playing together. (This is one of the reasons I'm not as concerned when he doesn't always hang out with the kids at school and picks the story corner a lot...he is social, but just when he wants to be and on his terms!) He also raved about the meatballs..which I promptly bought a package of. Anything to get the kid to eat meat! Granted, he hasn't wanted any since, but if all else fails we can make a trip to Ikea. :) He already said he wants to go back "everyday." We mainly made the trip to get a night light for Oscar, and we got him the awesome star/planet one like Aunt Ria and Uncle Gordy. It was a big hit and I'm not sure if Oscar or Olivia like it more! It's definitely a toss up. She puts her arm out everytime it's on and she cracks the biggest smile.
Speaking of, she's just her happy little self these days. She'll scream out to one of the Oscar's to get their attention. She'll go to the vacuum if I say I need to vacuum - One day she just took off and I couldn't figure out where she was going. We found her at the vacuum patting it since I'd said I needed to vacuum later! She loves searching through shopping bags and coming out with any kind of goodie..mainly a box that's easy to carry. She's Oscar's permanent shadow, which he handles realtively well considering how frequently she's at his side. They love to snuggle, and if he gets upset she'll always come over to him and give him a hug. Til next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment