When we got back from Austin, we headed to the Destin area where we met up with some friends from Oscar's school. We stayed in a condo in Santa Rosa, FL and the beach was simply amazing. Crystal blue water, white sand that is so fine it actually crunches when you walk on it…
As beautiful as the beaches were, it may have spoiled us a bit for the rest of the gulf coast…
Over Memorial Day weekend, we took a day trip to Gulfport to check out the surf there (about 1.5 hrs away). Little Oscar summed it up perfectly when I asked him what he thought about the beach there - "Well, I had an awesome time on the beach today. It was a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. BUT if you ask me how it compared the beaches we went to before? It was horrible." He may have been a little hard on Gulfport, but I finally realize why people drive a few hours farther to hit those gorgeous Florida beaches!
![]() |
| Anna and Elsa had to visit the beach |
outside the Buddha Lounge in Grayton Beach
One night we drove to Seaside (where the Truman Show was filmed) and had yummy, but pricey hamburgers and milkshakes at Pickles. The whole town was so clean and perfect it was almost surreal.
Over Memorial Day weekend, we took a day trip to Gulfport to check out the surf there (about 1.5 hrs away). Little Oscar summed it up perfectly when I asked him what he thought about the beach there - "Well, I had an awesome time on the beach today. It was a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. BUT if you ask me how it compared the beaches we went to before? It was horrible." He may have been a little hard on Gulfport, but I finally realize why people drive a few hours farther to hit those gorgeous Florida beaches!



No comments:
Post a Comment