Monday, June 2, 2014

Shenyang recap

Oscar had a great experience in China, both culturally and professionally. His hard work paid off and he got a fancy schmancy award from the Consular Department when he left!! He always makes us so proud of him! Speaking of proud…


He brought us all home some pretty cool souvenirs, but my favorite was our names translated and written in Chinese characters:
Olivia's - "Seagull of Beauty,"
little Oscar's - "Proud Triumph,"
Mine - "Science Elegance,"
Oscar - Since no one can have exactly the same name, the next closest translation of Oscar is "Proud Truck."

Although he was working hard, he managed to get a little sight seeing in as well. I can't say much about these photos since I'm not sure where they were taken, but I'll do my best.

Oscar and this guy photo bombed each other's picture so they decided to take one together

cool building
in the mall area near Oscars' hotel
Oscar with some statues
Oscar with some people
sleeping in a farmers house, the platforms had coals under them to keep you warm!
their lovely host

chow time!

some more people with Oscar

Oscar on a road

A scary staircase I never would've gone on
cool stone buildings

Oscar 
'
"Proud Truck" was here

a very narrow stone stairway I would have been scared to go on

beautiful scenery

There are too many scary staircases in China!
we blend
I'm not sure if Oscar knew these people or asked if he could take a picture with them
Bullet train!!!
The Chinese - North Korean border

friendly merchants
(Let's see is Oscar really reads my posts and gives me a little more info to add to the captions….)

Dada came home from China the same night we did from Florida. We were sooooo happy to have him home and a trip to City Park for beignets and fresh air was essential!



No comments:

Post a Comment