Sunday, July 15, 2012

Home again home again

We're back! I've had quite a hiatus from my blog due to our extensive travel this summer. From Paris to Spain to Buffalo we made the rounds, visiting amazing places and catching up with family and friends. The kids and I arrived last night after a long, but surprisingly decent 24-hours of travel. I braced myself for the worst and happily all went well. We were exhausted when we got in, but sooo happy to see Oscar again. We've arrived in a different Chennai from the one we left, wonderful friends have moved on to new posts, I have a job, and our bidding game will soon begin. What will the next year bring? If little Oscar has anything to do with it, plenty of dosa!

I have quite a bit to catch up on, so I'm actually going to back up to the end of May to keep it as chronological as possible....Here goes....

"He's more than ready for first grade." That's what Oscar's teacher told us when I expressed concern about him missing the last few weeks of school for our vacation. Music to a mother's ears, and Oscar was so proud when I told him. I was a little worried that he would be sad to miss the end of the school year and the graduation, but he was actually thrilled to be out of school 3 weeks early. For his last day of school we had cupcakes to celebrate his "birthday" and said goodbye to his KGA buddies. His wonderful teacher Ms. Dina made a CD of photos taken throughout the year, pesonalized with extra pics of Oscar. He had such a great experience in her class, we'll miss her next year!



While it was a little sad to miss Oscar's kindergarten graduation ceremony (for us at least), leaving early for a fabulous 3 week vacation in France and Spain was more than worth it!!! Our substitute KG Graduation photo for Oscar:

No comments:

Post a Comment