Thursday, July 19, 2012

Au revior Paris, Hola Barcelona!


The metro to the train station.
Note the supplies on my backpack.
Apparently we were on a roll with vomiting travel, since little Oscar started throwing up Friday morning just as we were getting ready to leave our apt. Whether it was the aftermath of too much fun at Disneyland or the bug that got big Oscar in Chennai it wasn't pretty, especially with a 12-hr train ride looming. We somehow made it to Kim's house where she graciously took us in, fed us an amazing lunch, and let us hang out until it was time for our evening train to Spain. Quite an end to an amazing week. We unfortunately didn't get a chance to see Liz and Silvia again, but that gives us an excuse to return!



No more throwing up and he got a great nights sleep!
The kids got a kick out of being on a night train and they actually slept pretty well too. Oscar and I, not so much. While I love the ease of train travel in Europe overall, the next time we have an option of taking a night train, I'm taking a plane!




At the entrance to the outdoor market
We arrived in Barcelona around 8am Saturday morning and woke up the Grajales/MacEachen clan in our apt right off of Las Ramblas! It was so much fun to see everyone after so long, and we strolled around the streets that evening after everyone had their naps. Apparently Las Ramblas is host to many bachelor and bachelorette parties, and Livi got into the spirit cheering along with the parties that paraded by.



Our first meal on our favorite plaza near Las Ramblas

At this point,  I fell victim to the stomach bug and was out of commission for 3 days. Fortunately, everyone else had an awesome time! I'll let the pictures do the talking....
Las Ramblas

funicular to Montjuic

Montjuic

Poble Espanyol, a village built to reflect different architectural styles in Spain as part of the 1929 International Exposition (Yes, I googled that one...)





"our" plaza (I think it was Sant Josep)

loving the spaghetti (and the attention)

No comments:

Post a Comment