Monday, March 12, 2012

This one is for Claire


We were at a party at a friend’s house and I was walking Livi to the bathroom. On the way, a little girl (about 1.5) got in her way and she essentially tried to push her out of the way, which happened to be down the stairs. Fortunately, parents were right there so the father of the little girl could make sure she didn't fall and I could grab Livi before she did any real damage. Once in the bathroom I decided to use the moment to try and address the issue of being nice to everyone to my captive audience. I told her how pushing wasn’t nice and she should be nice to other kids so they can be friends. She looks at me and says very matter-of-factly, “I have friends. I’m nice to my friends. I don’t like that baby.” I tried for a few more minutes stressing the importance of being nice to kids and babies, but discussion proved futile. Her ending comment – “I don’t like babies.” Good thing we’re not planning on 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment