Well, I've found my least favorite experience in Chennai so far. Our car. It's running fine (I think) and has lovely tinted windows and a working AC, but aside from that it's definitely our "Oscar" car (sorry babe, I definitely have to throw you under the bus on this one). Let's just say if our Rabbit was small on the inside for a family of 4, this one is actually smaller. I can fit sandwiched between Livi's and Oscar's car seats, but not comfortably. Fortunately, while driving looks a lot like a video game with motorcycles and autos (little yellow rickshaw-with-a-motor taxis) darting in and out of cars and lanes, people actually don't drive very fast. The small car does help you maneuver around all the other vehicles as well, but let's hope we don't take any long family road trips with our driver or we may have to put Dada in the boot! Picture to come soon...I've been really bad about bringing may camera around and the car is being serviced right now.
A perfect example of being lost in translation...our driver picks us up to meet Oscar at the consulate a few days ago. This is our first ride in the car. I asked him how it was, and he said fine, but something about not being able to use the hazards because of fire. Since I've been a little skeptical about the car to begin with, I take this to mean that there was a spark or something when he tried the hazards...well, when I talked to Oscar about it he clarified that he was saying that the hazards weren't firing (ie. working)...needless to say I feel much better and I believe that's one of the things being taken care of today.
A perfect example of being lost in translation...our driver picks us up to meet Oscar at the consulate a few days ago. This is our first ride in the car. I asked him how it was, and he said fine, but something about not being able to use the hazards because of fire. Since I've been a little skeptical about the car to begin with, I take this to mean that there was a spark or something when he tried the hazards...well, when I talked to Oscar about it he clarified that he was saying that the hazards weren't firing (ie. working)...needless to say I feel much better and I believe that's one of the things being taken care of today.
No comments:
Post a Comment