Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And away we go

Almost! Less than 24 hours left....my mind is a whirlwind! Both exciting and terrifying, this new adventure to Chennai will prove to truly be an adventure. For the most part, this blog has basically been a chance to share stories and pictures of the kids as they were growing up. But as our lives are entering a new chapter, this blog will hopefully be a good way to not only track our amazing kids (no bias of course) but also our lives.
We've been in VA for a few months now and aside for family, we've basically been around people who have jobs like Oscar's and nonchalantly talk about moving to places like Pristina, Baku, and Maputo (yes, I had to look up all of those places to see where they were in the world). I have to remind myself that while there is a fairly large chunk of people that live this way in the foreign service, they are overwhlemingly in the minority. We've had more than our fair share of moves, but I can comfortably say this is our biggest so far. India! Wow. I honestly have no idea what to expect. There's bound to be both good and bad times, but regardless there will be plenty of stories to share. Hopefully we'll have internet soon and the stories can start sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment