Olivia is in what I call her "discovery" phase. She loves exploring everything esp if it's something she has to open - books, cupboards, boxes. Her favorite games are still wrestling and chase, particularly with the boys :). She also seems to be in a pre-dress-up stage (see photo). She loves putting things on and over her head...as well as taking them off. This is also a very fun game with mama's hat. She loves music and smiles everytime she hears it. She loves dancing and even sings along when the mood hits her. We went to the tree lighting ceremony in Hoboken (nothing like Rockefeller but it seemed to take as long). Although we headed home before the lights even came on (Do they really need to have EVERY children's group sing at 6pm in the freezing cold? We made it an hour and apparently there was at least another 30 min of performances before they lit the tree.) Olivia was in awe - smiling, singing, and fascinated by all the kids on stage. Oscar enjoyed himself too - esp when he got a balloon sword! Olivia is also a snuggler. She will come up to you just for a hug or to put her head on your shoulder, which I personally love. Her body actually stops moving for a few seconds and she settles into you. So sweet! Oh, and she has 4 more teeth coming in on top. Two are coming through already but the others are close behind!
I have so much to say about Olivia and so little seems new for little Oscar, although I forget how quickly things change in the life of a baby...I'll leave you with this sweet tidbit from my boy.
Oscar takes his bath at night with Big Oscar while I put Livi to bed. I usually head downstairs before little Oscar is out of the tub. The other night I came downstairs and told Oscar it was time to get out of the tub because he was going to read stories with dada and I was going to take a shower. He tells me in his sweet little voice, "But I want to stay in the bathroom with you since I love you so much!" I say, "I love you too baby! That's OK, but if you do that you won't be able to watch TV with dad before bed." He thinks for about one second and matter-of-factly says, "I think I'll get out now." Ah, the love just warms your heart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment