Monday, December 14, 2009

"Sock" on a Shelf

We were lucky to receive the gift set of "Elf on a Shelf" from Uncle Tommy's parents, Susan and Tom. A lovely little story complete with an elf for the holidays. For those of you unfamiliar with this tradition, the book tells the story of your little elf who travels every night to Santa to report if you're good or bad. He then returns every morning and finds a new place in your house to sit. Every morning you wake up and find him! A very cute tradition. So, we read the story and while Oscar was mulling over this new game, I told him part of the game was to give the elf a name. He was resisting, so in a not-so-perfect mom moment I decided to give him some suggestions. I thought if I gave him something so bizarre he'd just look at me funny and pick a name out. Well, as you can see from the name of this post. We now have "Sock" the elf. While putting him to bed last night, Oscar looks at Oscar and I quizzically and says, "You know that little man upstairs?...Sock. I don't think he's flown away yet to Santa." Big Oscar and I look at each other and burst out laughing. I replied, "No sweetie. Sock won't leave until we go to sleep."
"But how can he fly without a jet pack mama?"
"He uses magic."
"Oh, OK."
I'm not sure we'd get away with as much stuff if Santa wasn't so generous....

No comments:

Post a Comment