I'm backtracking a bit to go back to our beautiful February birthday girl. A birthday is a time for reflections so here we go…. I was going have a picture for each year, but Livi's so camera happy, I'm just going to scatter some recent ones throughout the post. I'll start with her favorite things, in her words. Some of these threw me for a loop this time around (like tacos?!):
And now in my words…
She's so much fun! Livi definitely inherited the silly gene. Her giggle is infectious, and still there's no one he loves to goof around with more than her brother!
This clip is few months old (from November) but I think captures a lot of her personality:
She loves to play school. She was really excited to bring home her first homework assignment from English class, and diligently worked on getting those letters right. She also loves to write and draw in general. From sidewalk chalk, to painting, to writing on the wipe board, and in her plethora of notebooks.
She LOVES shopping. This has been going on for years, but Livi is a true fashionista. She knows exactly what she likes, and isn't shy to wear it. Shopping with her is an event, and I get such a kick of her pulling things off the racks and exclaiming, "Oh my god! I love this so much I can't even stand it!" But she's not impulsive, and loves to try things on before she commits. She instantly knows whether she likes it or not, and for the most part I'm her "assistant," getting her next outfit ready and keeping track of the yes's and no's. She will listen to reason, and a "maybe…" is easy to turn to a no if it's too expensive, or it doesn't seem like she likes it all that much. Comfort is key, and seams can make or break a dress! Needless to say we have fun :)
She's not shy. While Livi plays the Mama card when I'm at her school for an activity, she's definitely not afraid to speak her mind or express her individuality.
She said it herself, but she loves to sing and dance. She loves pop music, especially by women, and will stop mid conversation to sing and dance to a song she likes. She couldn't come up with a favorite song for the video, but I'd say her current favs are anything by Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Kesha.
She likes to be a pirate. This is a new thing, and is not the typical dress up or role play, but surfaces in random unique ways… ie. She asked for a rotisserie chicken the other night, just so she could knaw on the bone "like a pirate":
She also just got this little bird that repeats what you say, and when her sunglasses broke she jumped right into pirate mode, with Livi flair. This is also a good example of how much Livi loves to have her picture taken. One is never enough, and she always poses multiple times and says, "Wait! Just one more!"

She loves the mud. And puddles. I bring her boots wherever we go just in case we come across a place to stomp. Here she is in the parking lot of Oscar's gymnastics place enjoying the spoils of an afternoon downpour:

I could go on and on about how much this girl lights up our world… Her love of reading, animals, nature, flowers, collecting… Our front porch and various areas in the house are dotted with the spoils of Livi's collections from around the neighborhood.
She says amazing things like "The most important thing to me in the world is my family."
Our beautiful girl simply shines.
![]() |
| Can you find our little scientist? (from a friend's birthday party) |
She's so much fun! Livi definitely inherited the silly gene. Her giggle is infectious, and still there's no one he loves to goof around with more than her brother!
She loves to play school. She was really excited to bring home her first homework assignment from English class, and diligently worked on getting those letters right. She also loves to write and draw in general. From sidewalk chalk, to painting, to writing on the wipe board, and in her plethora of notebooks.
| first homework assignment! |
![]() |
| new swim coverup |
![]() |
| and sun hat! |
She said it herself, but she loves to sing and dance. She loves pop music, especially by women, and will stop mid conversation to sing and dance to a song she likes. She couldn't come up with a favorite song for the video, but I'd say her current favs are anything by Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Kesha.
She also just got this little bird that repeats what you say, and when her sunglasses broke she jumped right into pirate mode, with Livi flair. This is also a good example of how much Livi loves to have her picture taken. One is never enough, and she always poses multiple times and says, "Wait! Just one more!"

She loves the mud. And puddles. I bring her boots wherever we go just in case we come across a place to stomp. Here she is in the parking lot of Oscar's gymnastics place enjoying the spoils of an afternoon downpour:

And then again this past week when the whole parking lot was covered with a few inches of water:
I could go on and on about how much this girl lights up our world… Her love of reading, animals, nature, flowers, collecting… Our front porch and various areas in the house are dotted with the spoils of Livi's collections from around the neighborhood.
She says amazing things like "The most important thing to me in the world is my family."
Our beautiful girl simply shines.












No comments:
Post a Comment