Since I am on a constant quest to keep the kids (and myself) entertained, I decided to start a theme each week and do crafts and activities around that theme. Our first - Space! We've learned some space songs, visited the park with a rock model of the solar system (see photos), and have some arts and crafts lined up for the week. Today we're doing paper models of the solar system when Livi wakes up from her nap, and Oscar hepled me with all the prep work (he loves those scissors!). I'm amazed at how much Oscar remembers, although everytime I ask him which planet we live on he tells me the sun (which he knows is a star) or Neptune with a smirk. He also liked pretending he was burning up on Mercury. Extra bonus, I actually know the order of the planets again! Also, since Pluto was my favorite, I refuse to leave it out! Apparently there's some controversy about it's status still anyway...We'll top our week off with our first family camping trip to see some stars on Saturday!
hugging jupiter |
visiting Jupiter |
and Pluto |
"injured" by the heat of the sun |
monkey see monkey do |
distance between Jupiter and Pluto |
pained look since he's so close to the sun on Mercury |
No comments:
Post a Comment