| Oscar posing |
Aside from all of our space stuff, here are a few more tibits on the kiddos:
-Livi has started calling me "mom" occasionally. She loves to repeat Oscar and has been caught saying things like "saucer" and "echo" but I can only get her to say "ella" for Cinderella!
-Oscar puffs out his cheeks everytime we get in the car now - for the whole ride. He says his stomach "feels uncomfortable" but fortunately hasn't gotten sick recently (fingers crossed!)
-Oscar and I were playing spaceship the other day during Livi's nap - he got the controls to take us everywhere and I got the controls to "cook things"
-We had two great adventures last weekend. On Friday we took the kids to The Reef in Adams Morgan for a kiddie happy hour to meet up with some old friends. They have a bunch of fish tanks that the kids loved, and they turn on some dance music and all the kids took to the dance floor. Then on Saturday we drove to Annapolis, hung out at the playground there and had some ice cream. It was a beautiful spring day and Oscar and I also scoped out some properties (of course) but decided it may be a bit far for a commute if we were to be posted in DC at some point.
-We're growing Livi's bangs out, although hair in her eyes apparently bother me more than her and getting anything in her hair is a process. I actually got her to wear a blue outfit the other day. It was short lived since she promptly jumped in a bunch of puddles and had to be changed when we got home, but a mild success nonetheless! I have to hide her favorite dresses if I want her to wear anything else (she has 3 now, all pink and 1 has Hello Kitty). Just telling her she can't wear them because of the weather or they're in the laundry doesn't work since she goes to try and find them in the closet.... her fav shoe of the week are her gold sparkly sandals! Oscar is just happy as long as his clothes are "cozy"
-Oscar's imagination is amazing, and I loved seeing all the things he came up with this week involving space. He made remote controls for his rocket ship out of pieces of paper, totally loved the paper bag space helmets (which I personally thought were a bomb since they were so big), and came up with a bunch of different rules for travelling in space (which were constantly under modification as play went on).
Livi in pigtails! |
No comments:
Post a Comment