Wednesday, September 22, 2010

From the mouths of babes...




Oscar's doozy for the week is that he's been telling his teacher he likes her face. She finally asked him why and he says, "Cause it's funny looking!." (Yes, I sheepishly ran out of classroom upon hearing this...)

Oscar's taking swimming lessons. He's so cute in the pool with the teacher and so proud to show what he can do. The downside is that with 4 kids per group, each kid gets like 2 min with the teacher each rotation and the rest are shivering on the side waiting...I'm starting to think the private lesson is worth the extra money! (The second picture is from a birthday party we went to in town. The kids are jumping on a trampoline. Oscar rocked the zipline too!)

Oscar's told me his favorite part of school the other day was the firedrill!! He's come a long way!! (Did I post that already? Sorry if I did, it was truly monumental!)

Oscar is so cute to have conversations with. Sometimes when we're all playing in the house, Liv will be flpping around all over the place and little Oscar will look at me, shrug his shoulders, and say ,"Liv is just so crazy!" and yes, she is :)

Speaking of, Liv is very opinionated and will refuse certain clothes, and usually only wears her crocs. This should be interesting in the winter, but i'm hoping a nice pair of cute boots will turn her around :)

I swear she said "crackers" today, twice!! No repeat after that, but it was there and any new word attempt is fantastic! She's also saying "boo" now for blue. I think since it's oscar's favorite color it comes up alot and she can identify blue things! She also likes to spot cars with spoilers like her big bro!

She's also taken her fear of spiders and transferred it to all bugs. She panicked when a fly was in the house the other day and insists you kill all ants in the house. I can't argue with her on those points, but it's just so funny to see this daredevil kid all over the place and truly fearless on the playground and wrestling with the big kids and she turns into a whimpering little girl when a bug comes by. they really are her kryptonite!

No comments:

Post a Comment