Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catching up...again!!

Well, for all my attempts at weekly blogs, I'm behind yet again. It seems like every time I turn around Liv is doing something adorable (or devilishly delightful) and Oscar is saying something priceless (or astounding)!! In the past week we've had a wonderful visit from Nana and Papa and Oscar started school! Here is what I managed to capture in notes:
Oscar:
-When snuggling with Liv one evening, "I just love Liv so much she is my favorite baby!"
-Dada and Oscar took a trip into the city last Saturday when Mama and Liv were napping (oh yes, both of us!) and said when they arrived at Washington Square Park, "Look Dada, the Arc de Triomphe!" Not quite my dear boy, but how awesome is that!!??
-Oscar started school this week, and while he said he didn't want to go (and made me very nervous), he settled in quite easily these past few days. 5 other kids in his class were with him last year which definitely made it easier. Although he still says he doesn't like it, he definitely seems happy!
-Out of no where last week, Oscar asked me if we could get a toy for a kid who didn't have any toys. We've talked about this before but he brought it up on his own! And yes, we will be doing that for christmas!
-Liv and Oscar love to bounce on the aerobed and I brought it out the other day and they played together bouncing, jumping, wrestling...a little while later they were tuckered out and I went to make some dinner. I checked on them when it was a little too quiet and found Oscar reading to Liv! He had a bunch of books out and was having her point to things in the pictures and everything.

Liv:
-Liv's favorite game is to watch Oscar playing with his toys, figure out which one is his current favorite, and pounce on it the second he puts it down. Her other favorite is to try and wrestle with him at any given moment. This usually involves some manuever which puts her upsidedown and her butt on his head. Oscar's exasperated response, "Ah Liv!!!!"
-When not tormenting her brother she can be quite sweet. She still gives the best bear hugs and the sweetest little kisses, sometimes multiples!
-She's taking cues from Oscar and now does his classic shoulder shrug...I'm not sure how to explain this but when he's telling a story he'll sometimes lift his shoulders up and down several times quickly. Now Liv does too! She also likes to collect every animal and blanket from her bed and bring it upstairs with her after bedtimes. Getting the 2 of them upstairs at the same time usually requires a bag betweeen all the blankets, bunnies, animals and transformers!!
-Liv is saying a little bit more, and I can sometimes get her to repeat some words after me (like ball). She definitely has to be in the mood though and I spent some times with her under the dining room table with her laying on my stomach - I kept asking her to say different words and her response was always "no". (It's not a hard "NO", but more like a soft "naah") I kept laughing and kept it up for a while - probably not the best way to encourage her to say more but it was so cute and so "Liv"!
-Liv likes to dress up her animals and gets very upset when their clothes fall off. This happens quite frequently and it's kind of funny to see her running up to me with a seal in one hand and a shirt in the other frantically asking for help by hitting on her chest (this is actually "please," but help requires 2 hands and it didn't really stick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment