Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why are all cool cultural things in horrible neighborhoods?






We finally made a trip to The Liberty Science Center in Jersey City! I've been meaning to do this since last year when I found out Oscar got free tickets through his school, and somehow never made it until today. It was a great trip for a hot day. Since it's not a children's museum, there wasn't a ton of things for Oscar and Liv's age, but they had a very cool exhibit for 2-5 yr olds (see photos). We also hit a few of the other exhibits and Liv LOVED the aquariums of fish and turtles from the Hudson River. Oscar loved trying to find all the buttons, but once we left the kids exhibit and hit the mix of bigger kids, he quickly grew tired and actually asked to go home. Don't get me wrong, he definitely enjoyed himeslf but when he's done he's definitely done! When I asked him what his favorite thing about the museum was, he told me getting the sticker to wear (a small blue circle) when we got the ticket. Nice. :) A perfect 2 hr adventure!
Today went soo much smoother than yesterday, with us leaving after Liv's morning nap (and not trying to force her into 1 nap mid-day). I did spend the last 30 min of our adventure triyng to keep both kids awake, but we timed our excursions perfectly and slid into a parking spot right in front of our house post-street cleaning, unloaded the groceries, read a few stories, and there are 2 sleeping kiddos downstairs while I cook dinner...and blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment