Phew. It's been a while! I feel like so much has happened since I last posted I can't possibly get it all...both children are in bed, perhaps soon to sleep..of course I've jinxed it just by saying that but let's see how it goes!
Ok, first, Oscar is out of school, of course. He ended on such a positive note it was sad to have him leave but such is summer vacation! His classes performed a rocking redition of zippidy do dah on the last day of school, and in ture oscar style he stodd with everyone, watched what they were doing, and barely moved his mouth...Liv danced along of course. I've already started prepping him about school in the fall since he's going to have a new teacher and new kids in his class. His response was "I don't like school, I like my friends and I don't want a new teacher." Oh boy, I'm hoping a few of his buddies from last year will make it into his class next year!!!




A day after school ended, we headed out to the shore for a 2 week vacation with the Grajales/Maceachen clan! Much fun was had...the kids LOVED playing in the sand. Liv was fearless as always and would run right into the water. A few waves knocked her over pretty good and she just kept on smiling! Oscar was a bit more moody as far as the waves were concerned, but definitely had his fair share of fun on the beach, esp with a large hole a few guys built in the sand that was about 3 feet deep that you could climb in and out of. He called it his fort and that was definitely his favorite part of the beach...Dada joined us during the second week when he came back from Turkey and he finally had a chance to unwind a little! Both kids LOVED seeing the Maceachen girls and it was so fun to see them playing together! Indri got some wonderful pictures too!!!...a few notes I can hopefully expand on later...ice cream at springers, wildwood (both the hellish and fun experiences!), the cape may zoo, hermit crabs (Super is somehow still alive but I have my doubts on how much longer he'll be with us, esp if i stop taking care of him....), the park, the bikes and baby trailer, charlie eating sand :) livi too for that matter...evan and tommy on the bbque...and most of all thank you to nana and jenny for making it happen!!!
...Oscar also had his 4th birthday party! It took weeks to prepare (literally) and countless trips to various stores with both kids in tow to get all the provisions...we had to restrict siblings and families because of the threat of rain, oscar almost had to be out of town friday night into sat.... but it was a huge success in the end and Oscar had a lot of fun. Granted, he was overstimulated after the first hour and spent the rest of the party essentially stuck to me, but he did love his presents he got to open when everyone left! :)



Big Oscar was Batman and had a whole story he told the kids downstairs in the "batcave" for their superhero training (all the kids got capes with their intials on them and wrist bands as part of their training..of and squirt guns once they got outside!). The parents that saw it said Oscar was awesome and I think all the moms were jealous that he was such an active part of the party! ;)
Hmmm...Liv still isn't talking. She does say "uice" and an occasional "Hi" but taht's about it. She's spunky as ever and we've actually noted a touch of jealousy about Oscar in her that we never saw before (mainly if she's not the center of attention she gets upset!). Maybe because we're all together more now that oscar is out of school? or just her age? she's trying to jump, and has cleared the floor a few times but mostly just tries and then falls over :) she's also climbing on EVERYTHING! Oscar is totally into space ships, good guys and bad guys, swords, guns, airplanes...a funny new game that he plays is "tollbooth" where he makes you pay a toll and you get a toy in return and then can get by him. I think we've been on the NJ turnpike a bit too much recently!

We also made a trip to denise's house in danbury yesterday to finally meet sam (adorable!!!). She made us yummy pancakes that both kids downed (not an easy feat for these kids, believe me, even with pancakes!)...and even though we arrived with oscar covered in throw up (apparently his car sickness is not just a one time thing, and we've had to cut out snacks from our road trips) she welcomed us with open arms and Oscar LOVED her. Thanks again Denise!! While OScar had to be reminded to stop chasing Jack with the squirt gun, Liv loved him and his sloppy kisses :)In this picture she's showing OScar how to make Sam smile :)

ok, all is quiet downstairs and i'm going to try and rest a bit myself. apparently, liv thinks 5am is morning! Here are a few pics to start. many more will be added to snapfish and I have a friend who took a ton of pictures that i'm waiting on too! I know there is so much more to add but hopefully more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment