Monday, July 19, 2010

The Cutest Kids cont.

I know every parent says how cute and wonderful their kids are (and they should!!) But seriously, sometimes these kids are so cute it kills me! Let's do Liv first: Her favorites are Elmo and Big Bird. She actually pushed one kid out of the way to point to big bird on another kid's shoes at the playground the other day....yeah, we're working on that :) She may be tiny but she's a tough one! She's currently sporting her second black eye in less than 17 months. (She and Oscar were playing and just crashed into each other.) She loves to read books, and whenever we go downstairs to play or for bedtime, she pulls a book off their bookshelf and sits down on her little chair to read. She obviously doesn't "read" but loves pointing to the pictures and finding things on the pages.
and for our Oscar: He truly loves hanging out with Livi and I hear him callling her all the time to come and play. She doesn't always oblige, but he keeps trying :) He keeps asking if he's going to school yet, and told me he doesn't like to hear that he's getting a new classroom and teacher...I told him we have lots of time and that holds him off for now. It's been pretty hot here and he went to the park with Dada the other morning, only to return about 20 min later. Apparently, while they were playing Oscar just stopped and told Dada he wanted to go home because it was too hot. He likes the cold and the snow...and snowstorms! I'll remind him of that this winter :)

So this is our second full week at home between travels and no school. I decided after last week I need to change our routine a bit. With Liv still napping twice, and Oscar still really needing at least a rest mid-day, we essentially have someone sleeping from 9-4!! This may sound great, but since they're on opposing schedules it really makes outings quite challenging to plan...so today we got out of the house on the early side (before 9) and headed to the park to play for a bit and then hit the library. Well of course today of all days is the day that scattered thunderstorms actually hit us and we got drenched! Then someone tells us the library is closed on mondays...so, we headed home like drowned rats, but with smiles on our faces! While it didn't go quite as planned, it definitely turned out to be a great morning. Both kids are now downstairs "resting"... I may have pushed Liv's limit on timing for a nap since her last 1/2 hr was pretty emotional, but hopefully she'll get a good nap in and be rested for the afternoon. The jury is still out on Oscar who I can hear still talking to himself downstairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment