Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Teeth!


Olivia is truly determined not to be outdone by her older brother. Her first sharp little teeth, the 2 bottom center have finally made their way to the surface as of yesterday. Could that be why she wakes every 2 hours at night? Probably not, but I'd like to think so. :) She had her 6 mo. appt today and is a small pea at 14lb 4oz and 24.5 in. Both around the 25% percentile I think! She has doubled her birth wt but she's def not breaking any records. She's happy as a clam though, and has happily started resisting her table food...let's just say she's not a fan of the cereal and I got multiple bitter beer faces for the sweet potato attempt this morning. Ah, my sweet little girl. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Oscar is not-napping yet again, and I think we may just be done with that. He will have a rest time at school so we'll see how that goes...first full day is on Tues after a 4 day weekend...let's hope he holds it together! He's doing really well. Although today I guess he had a few off and on mommy moments, linked mostly to washing hands and going potty...I managed to find out he "doesn't like loud noises" and "he heard a big bang" so maybe a stall door freaked him out. We're going to try and go to the bathroom together tomorrow morning and see if that helps.
It's amazing how hard it is to find out information from a little person! I guess this is something I need to get used to. I'm not used to not knowing what he's doing all the time!! He likes to say he doesn't remember what he did in school, and then random things will come out during the day. His first day, at about 7pm he threw out that a little boy hit another kid and his teacher said it wasn't nice. I asked if it was him and he looked at me matter-of-factly and said, "No. I'm not interested in hitting." He really is too cute. He also likes to tell you you're cute now when he's happy! I get a warm fuzzy when I hear him say "Mama, you're so cute!" :)
I can already see little changes in him too which is amazing after only 3 days. He almost always asks me to feed him, but now he says he wants to feed himself!! Let's hope that one sticks around (esp. as Olivia heads towards more regular feedings....)

My personal goal for next week is to try and get Olivia on a better schedule. This week she's decided to wake up at 6am and fall asleep promptly 5 minutes before I need to take Oscar to school and pick him up. This would be fine if strollers were allowed in the bldg but they're not, so she ends up with 20 min power naps! Not enough for her!
Alrighty, time to end the not-nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment