While the little lady is taking a snooze, and Oscar is off at school (I still can't believe he's at school!) I've had a little time to think... :) It's amazing how different this schedule is! I actually have time to spend alone with little Olivia, and her nap times free me up to do the household things I was always trying to do while Oscar was asking me to play with him. How can you resist the sweet little voice saying "Mama, please play with me!" Thus the reason why nothing got done.
Now don't get me wrong, the house is still a bit of a wreck, but I finally see progress as I clean out the corners and strighten the shelves. However, what I have come to realize is that having more than one baby is not necessarily the hardest thing, it's having a BABY that's hard! Maybe I'm out of practice, but I can't believe how much time is spend changing, feeding, changing, nursing, putting to sleep, bathing, did I say changing?...you may laugh and wonder how I forgot, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt to being able to sit down with your 3 year old and share food or "hang out." Olivia is quite the active baby too. Food always up in her hair and all over her clothes. Put her down and she's off! Her new favorite thing (it seems like there is a new one each day!) is to head for electrical outlets and cords...I swear she knows she's not supposed to and will give me this devilish look and head straight for one...I swoop in to get her and she giggles and gets the biggest grin! She also seems to get bored so easily...bring out one of her "old" baby toys and she barely looks at it, but bring out something new and exciting like one of Oscar's cars and she's on her way straight for it. I have to be so careful about what we leave on the floor...her favorite is paper and I've already found a little piece in her poop... :)
And my dear sweet Oscar. He's making such progress! I brought him to school today and he actually told me when his teacher got there that I had to leave! :) No tears. Barely a goodbye. Sigh. This is a million times better than the crying and grabbing but such a sign of him growing up. He was laying on the couch the other day in shorts with no shirt holding a squirt gun and watching one of his shows and it just hit me...he's such a little boy now and no more baby! He still gives great hugs and snuggles though. Especially when he's suppposed to be going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment