Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One the move



Although she's not completely coordinated yet, it's safe to safe that Olivia is crawling! She does this combination of of lunging, creeping, bear walking, and stretching and can clear a room in a few seconds, usually headed for one of Oscar's toys that he's less than thrilled about sharing. We do our best to have him choose a toy that she can play with (read "eat") and he's really good about making sure it's big enough and safe enough. He even lets me know if he thinks I've chosen a toy that is "too sharp" or has "little pieces. " :) We also make sure to keep his favorite toys away so he has some toys that he doesn't have to share.

We had a wonderful weekend in Hopewell with Aunt Jenny. We washed the car (a project big oscar loved) and went to the Millbrook zoo (which little Oscar loved). The snakes were his favorite, although I think he had the most fun pointing out rocks (while I pointed out the animals) and running around. He had such a good weekend that he didn't want to leave! Thanks Aunt Jenny!!!! We're hoping to visit our "country home" again soon :)

Oscar is at school for the first full day, complete with nap time. This morning was less than peaceful, and although I know he's fine, a part of me just wants to pick him up and take him home with me when he starts crying! Hopefully this will get easier for the both of us over the next few weeks!

Olivia is still not sleeping through the night, although you would think that she would with all of the energy she's using during the day. She's also decided 6am is wake up time, and that's killing her mama the sleeper! She's getting a little better with eating, as long as she can get her fingers on it and I'm not trying to get it in her mouth with a spoon. She's got the funniest way of communicating - razzberries when she's not happy (which started in Buffalo) and a combination of squealing and thhh-ing to get your attention and to "talk" to you. There's a few other sounds too but I can't figure out how to write them out :)

She's awake! Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment