I'm not really sure if they were the dog days but it was definitely hot and humid in August! For Luis' last week I gave up trying to encourage him to involve himself and spent the week keeping cool with Harry and Oscar.
In an effort to explore more of the area, Harry and I met up with a friend at the Hidden Oaks nature center. This picture makes me smile because it hides the chaos of the day...a few minutes after I took it we were being chased by voracious mosquitos and essentially had to run back to the nature center. An overtired tantrum commenced on the ride home and I decided some outings are just better than others.
Post tantrum nap that finally followed when we got home...
And you can't help but melt when Harry hugs you...
We finally made it to a splash pad in Arlington. Harry played for 15 min and then was done. I'm glad we didn't invest in water shoes for the big fancy one!!
Roadwork is everywhere in Old Town, and we had a front row seat to repaving the street in front of the house.
Dragon was very confused when the fidget spinner stopped spinning...
The boys!!
In an effort to explore more of the area, Harry and I met up with a friend at the Hidden Oaks nature center. This picture makes me smile because it hides the chaos of the day...a few minutes after I took it we were being chased by voracious mosquitos and essentially had to run back to the nature center. An overtired tantrum commenced on the ride home and I decided some outings are just better than others.
Post tantrum nap that finally followed when we got home...
And you can't help but melt when Harry hugs you...
We finally made it to a splash pad in Arlington. Harry played for 15 min and then was done. I'm glad we didn't invest in water shoes for the big fancy one!!
Roadwork is everywhere in Old Town, and we had a front row seat to repaving the street in front of the house.
Dragon was very confused when the fidget spinner stopped spinning...
The boys!!











No comments:
Post a Comment