It's getting close! We have less than 2 weeks left in New Orleans, and only one weekend. I can't say there's much that we still need to do, but I know the kids will be happiest with final trips to their favorite places. I try not to make too big of a deal about it, although do let them know it will be our last visit when we go somewhere. I don't want it to be too much of a shock when we leave, especially for Livi who gets much more emotional with changes. She's said that she's sad to leave one of her best friends, but is happy to be leaving a girl in her class who is a bit of a bully.
The kids have been getting along with each other famously, I think partly because of the upcoming move and partly because of how much we're missing Dada… Oscar's also obliging me with a lot more pictures than usual since I tell him they're for Dada to see what we're doing!
| A Mother's Day pic I forgot. That's a doughnut hole in Livi's mouth |
| Escaping a termite swarm at the front door. Never a dull moment! |
| Cane's and McDonalds! Oscar will miss his Cane's but Livi will still be able to enjoy her favorite takeout meal…. |
We also hit the cool zoo again this weekend. Photos are tough when you're floating around in an inner tube, but I did get a pic of the kids making sand castles. We stopped off at the gift shop on the way out for one final animal from the zoo. Oscar picked out another snake he'd had his eye on, and Livi surprised me by picked a small tiger and skunk! I couldn't refuse the rock candy either, especially with Oscar's insistence that it was only a $1!
![]() |
| An evening walk to whole foods with rock candy. Livi is wearing a dress of mine that is now hers, and Oscar is happily stylin in his mismatched PJs. |
Livi is an artist extraordinaire, and draws pictures in any free moment she has (including when she's in the bathroom). Here is a self portrait of her thinking of the family:
And just for fun






No comments:
Post a Comment