Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Happy Mother's Day

The kids were very nervous (well, Oscar was) about the pressures of handling Mother's Day without Dada. But I calmed him down and told him all I wanted for Mother's Day was to spend time with them, and that homemade cards are my favorite. Then I told him what I wanted to do for Mother's Day - go get donuts at Blue Dot, relax at home and play in the morning, then go swimming at our friend's house. He looked so happy and said, "That sounds like the best Mother's Day ever!"

After we had our conversation, the kids were on a mission. They had a few secret meetings, and made a countdown so they would remember which day was Mother's Day:


The big day arrived and they didn't disappoint! I made out like a bandit, with 2 cards from Livi and a card, paper airplane, and Pokemon cards from Oscar.

Then the spa started! They'd given me a little massage the night before, and when I told them it wasn't Mother's day yet, Oscar said, "You do so much for us Mommy it's the least we can do." (Man that boy is a sweetheart.) While sipping my coffee, the kids rushed into the kitchen and came back with a pot and pie plate filled with cold water :) I did my best to soak my hands and feet for as long as I could! It was a truly wonderful Mother's Day.
photo by Livi
After our lovely morning, we headed to our friend's house for a swim, and Livi got a special treat with all 3 dogs snuggling after their bath

Some chalk drawings from the weekend


Livi had a sore throat over the weekend, and woke up with a fever and rash Monday so we headed to the doctor. She tested negative with the rapid strep test, but since she had the classic signs of strep/scarlet fever we got antibiotics and have been lying low. Oscar was thrilled to have his school days disrupted and the kids have been having fun playing together and watching iPad. Here they built some condos for Oscar's little animals. Hopefully we can salvage what's left of our school week tomorrow and Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment