While Oscar was in NY for UNGA, a friend had a few extra gift certificates to a local hair salon that had to be used in the next week. I pulled Livi out of school a little early one day, and we all hit the salon. Oscar was more than happy not having his hair cut, and spent the whole time glued to his iPad. Livi on the other hand, soaked up the salon experience and is thirsty for more. I started out her appointment hanging out with her and her stylist in the back, and when I went to check on Oscar she announced I could hang out with him while she was getting her hair done… She got her stylist's card and announced that she wants to go back to her every time! Her only complaint, is that she didn't get her nails done too.

Dada was away for far too long (over 2 weeks)! My motivation for making interesting food is limited when it's just me and our picky eaters, and I was getting a little tired of pasta. So the last Friday on our own we headed out to dinner at Slice. Aside from McDonalds, I don't think I've ever taken the kids out to eat on my own, but it turned out to be the perfect dining experience. It's only a few blocks from our house, and an incredibly family friendly spot. The kids had an awesome time drawing pictures while we waited for our pizza and chatting about the silly pets we wanted to have (a white tiger was a popular choice). Livi even put on a little dance performance while we were waiting for our check (carefully making sure to stay out of the way of anyone walking by) and of course everyone told her how adorable she was on the way out. We decided we need to make that more of a tradition in the family, especially since the bloody Mary's are so delicious!
We came home and blew up a bar of ivory soap in the microwave! Searching the internet for interesting experiments for homeschool brings up all kinds of fun things you can do, and this was one I had to try out. The soap blows up into this big flaky ball and we turned it into some summer snow…
A few random things the kids have said while driving around town…
Oscar after listening to NPR one morning: "No, don't change it! I mean, I don't understand what they're saying at all, but I hear every word."
Livi and listening to music in the car, "I like it when we drive home from gymnastics when it's getting dark because I really feel the music when it's getting dark out."

![]() |
| Nothing drastic of course, "just a trim" |
We came home and blew up a bar of ivory soap in the microwave! Searching the internet for interesting experiments for homeschool brings up all kinds of fun things you can do, and this was one I had to try out. The soap blows up into this big flaky ball and we turned it into some summer snow…
![]() |
| we divided the soap up evenly (of course) before the throwing began |
A few random things the kids have said while driving around town…
Oscar after listening to NPR one morning: "No, don't change it! I mean, I don't understand what they're saying at all, but I hear every word."
Livi and listening to music in the car, "I like it when we drive home from gymnastics when it's getting dark because I really feel the music when it's getting dark out."





No comments:
Post a Comment