Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fixing the hole where the rain comes in...

swordfighting with plants, post puddle jumping
The past month this song has been running through my head and brings me back to La Casa Rosada in Bucerias and the lovely mix Christine and Saul made for us..... Our lives have come full circle, and halfway around the world we have a big blue tarp covering our roof attempting the keep the rain out of our house. What started as "How funny, we have a leak in our living room. Let's put a bucket down and call maintenance" has turned into 4 buckets and some towels, and a bit less humor....I feel like I'm a pretty laid back person but I'm reaching my sautration point (hahaha) with this situation. Maintenance is aware of the problem....something about money or approval...blah blah blah. I stopped paying attention. I've simply just moved all of our stuff out of the way and am crossing my fingers that they fix it before it causes too much structural damage. I'm hoping that's a long shot, but with the rainy season starting and the buckets multiplying...well....we'll see...

last week, 3 buckets

after this weekend, 4 buckets (1 supersized)

Leaking aside, I'm loving all the rain we've had this fall so far. It helps keep the heat down and it's honestly nice to have something other than sunshine! The kids have had their first puddle jumping experience outside our house (no camera). When they came inside to take a bath, they ended up turning the bathroom floor into a slip-n-slide. Everything was telling me it was not a good idea, but they were having sooo much fun I couldn't stop it. And miraculously, it didn't end in tears!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment