Sunday, May 13, 2012

Words of wisdom

As much as Oscar likes school, if given the choice I think he'd chose to stay home about 95% of the time. Last week we picked up Livi at school and we were asking her about her day. She talked about all the fun things she had done and Oscar says, "You know Livi, when you're big like me school is going to be a lot less playtime and a lot more worksheets." This was both amusing and sad. Are there really that many worksheets in kindergarden? He comes home with quite a lot at the end of the week... He also has 2 recesses, art, music, computers, PE...not to mention after school tennis and swimming. Something tells me it's pretty well rounded, but all I remember from kindergarden is the sand table and playing in the snow! I suppose that's a product of my memory and not the curriculum, but I'm amazed at what he's learned this year. He can read and write and do addition in his head (he can do some subtraction too but he's "just learning it.") They're working on bar graphs and tallying. It's pretty impressive, but yet again...no bias here....

Another random day off, Oscar and I dropped Livi off at her school. After a few grocery stops, I asked him if he wanted to go anywhere. He simply said "home," and got a big smile on his face. Cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment