Monday, April 11, 2011
Home Sweet Temporary Home
Wow. Talk about a change since my last post! In summary, we had an awesome week in Texas visiting Nana, Poppa, Missy, Tommy and Charlie. Then one more week in Hoboken before our packout! Everything went realtively well, and a week later we're in our temporary digs in Arlington, VA until July when we head to Chennai! Now for the details I remember....
-Livi's current fav outfit is a butterfly dress from last year. If she sees it in her closet, it's what she has to wear...frequently matched with froggie rain boots (rain or shine)! It's reaching it's limit on fitting her, but maybe I can creatively turn it into a sundress or tank top for longer wear...she's very opinionated about clothes in general as well. I gave her a dress with blue flowers to put on, and she was against it, until she realized it was a dress that flowed...pink and a dress and it's a hit! all else is subject to a rigourous "cuteness" inspection.
-One of the mom's of a friend from OScar's old class wrote to me and said her son was crying when he came home from school one day beacuse some of the kids were being mean. He told her that he missed Oscar because he was nice and his friend. :( but also :)
-the kids are a dynamic duo..Oscar "sics" Livi on dada when they're playing, they make sure the other one is always included (oscar went to get pizza with dada during nap time one day and oscar made sure they brought a piece back for liv), Livi is REALLY quick to come to her brothers aid and get in between anyone who is bothering him. This is a wonderful thing since we're going to be spending to much time just us over the next few months! I'm missing school already, and I know oscar is a little too! He "wrote" some scribbles on a paper the other day and came over to me to read it...it said that he missed his class and friends. BUT, if you ask him if he wants to go to school he practically breaks down in tears!
OK, I spoke nothing of TX or NY but will get back to that! We're settled in VA now and over a bout with a nasty intestinal deal that ran through the family and spared only Dada from it's clutches. Liv and Oscar rode it out for a few days and seem to be tip top (Livi is currently eating us out of house and home and I'm surprised she's stopped eating to even sleep!). I have bounced back with a lovely dose of cipro oscar had from his travels (a full dose of course, to satisfy my medical side!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment