Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oscar's Drama - Part 2

I have to share a series of interesting conversations I've had with Oscar over school, the most recent and illuminating from just this evening. I'll do my best to remember verbatim since I think his way of saying things is almost as priceless as what he says.

1. Right after traumatic day at school yesterday afternoon
We're sitting down to eat lunch and chatting. Oscar looks over at me and says:
"Mama, do you still love me?" (Yes, I was very taken aback)
"Of course I love you sweetie! I love you very much! Were you worried that I didn't?"
" Yes, because I was at school..."
I of course told him I loved him no matter where he was and kind of let it go. You can never push anything with Oscar!
2. Later yesterday evening
"Oscar, you know I love you so much."
"I love you so much too Mama!"
"And you know I love you even when we're not together, like when you're at school or with Dada out playing. But we can still be together because I carry you in my heart."
He looks at me in his sweet way, cocks his head, and says, "Ah, that's so nice."
We hugged and continued to play space ships. :)
3. This afternoon after school eating lunch
"Oscar, I love you so much. And if we can't be together, I carry you in my heart."
"Mama, can you carry school in your heart too?"
"Of course I could! And no matter where you are you'll always be in my heart."
"And if you're sleeping can you hold school in?"
"Of course. I love you so much."
"I love you!"

I'm still floored by that one. Could we be getting somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment