
It's amazing what a little chocolate and a toy will do! After Oscar cajoled us into a half day of school yesterday that turned out to be a self-proclaimed "very good day" (I do seriously think he was worried but he can also be quite dramatic when he wants to be) today was AWESOME!!! We started out on dangerous ground, with Oscar pretty much demanding that he wasn't going to school - which I actually prefer to the scared crying boy he melts into usually. However, I held my ground and "made a deal." Chocolate and toy promised, we headed on our way quite agreeably, with no tears or refusals. After a marshmallow and hershey kiss on the way to school (breakfast of champions, I know) he peed in the potty for the first time at school!!! Then, he said goodbye with a wave and a smile, knowing that he was going to get a surprise when he got home. I had a toy left over from Christmas that made it's way out today and it was a huge success. So, I'm hoping we'll keep moving in the right direction! Truly I'm just so happy to see him smiling at school and he actually told me he liked it today!! I do really think he enjoyed himself...although tomorrow, without a toy for making it through the day, will be the test!

And for my dear sweet Olivia. She cracks me up on a daily basis. From her dancing "bounce" everytime she hears any music to her carrying her animals all around the house. Today I told her I was cleaning the floor and she took a napkin and started wiping where I was. I also lined up all of her animals in front of the couch while she was walking around with her bear. She came over, added the bear to the row, and sidled up backwards towards them and sat down, adding herself to the line! This is an awesome age. She is still a snuggly baby, but also exploring so much and understanding an amazing amount.
No comments:
Post a Comment