Oscar and I had to head back to work, but thankfully it was only a 4 day weekend. New Year's Eve we had a family pizza party, watched Jurassic World, and 3 of us rung in the New Year (Livi made it until about 11:30pm). We all made it up by 8am to ring in the New York New Year though!
On New Year's Day we headed to Karura Forest, about 10 min from our house. Right before we left, we found a tomato plant hidden in our yard and got to try our first one. Little Oscar wouldn't touch it, Livi spit it out, but Oscar and I both thought it was quite tasty.
A wonderful walk in the forest followed, and the kids took a few detours to do a little off-trailing. And everyone was up for photos!
Our forest walk was followed by an unexpectedly lovely dinner at the River Cafe inside the Forest. We'll definitely be back for more hamburgers!
And I somehow forgot our impromptu cookie decorating party with the neighbors the week before Christmas. Oscar ate his cookies before I could take a picture of them…
On New Year's Day we headed to Karura Forest, about 10 min from our house. Right before we left, we found a tomato plant hidden in our yard and got to try our first one. Little Oscar wouldn't touch it, Livi spit it out, but Oscar and I both thought it was quite tasty.
A wonderful walk in the forest followed, and the kids took a few detours to do a little off-trailing. And everyone was up for photos!
| Can you see the Millennium Falcon in the marsh? |
| picking out walking sticks |
| at the waterfall |
| time to cross the river for an exploration and photo session |
| a little tree vine swinging |
| checking out the Mau Mau caves |
| photographic proof that I was there too! |
![]() |
| Dinner at the River Cafe |

No comments:
Post a Comment