Thursday, December 4, 2014

A lovely November in New Orleans

We finally got a taste of fall in early November, and enjoyed just hanging around in New Orleans and even turned the heat on for a few days!



We planted a pea plant a few months ago, and it finally produced some peas! They were wonderfully sweet and everyone got 1 since we only had one pod…looks like we'll need to wait a few month weeks to get another one!


Oscar's been a trooper helping me out with some projects I have as room parent in Livi's classroom. We've volunteered to help out at lunch a few times, and this past month we worked on a craft for the kids to make and sell at the annual French Market this upcoming weekend. The finished product is below - a French flag bookmark and a heart shaped ornament with each kid's picture and fingerprint! It took quite a bit of work to organize it all (there are 23 kids in her class), but I'm pretty pleased with the final result. I was really worried that parents wouldn't like them at first, and now I'm just happy to have the project over with! With any luck I'll read this post again before I volunteer to be room parent again…. ;)


We had a mini pre-Thanksgiving right before we left for Austin and it was a rare treat to sit down to a full meal, and have everyone eat it!! Oscar loved the turkey and mashed potatoes with peas. Livi tried everything, but ultimately downed about 6 crescent rolls for dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment