We're settling into our new place, and it seems somehow so much nicer, even though the footprint is relatively the same. A few of the rooms are a little bigger, and the furniture is all a little smaller which gives us even more space than we had before. Not to mention that almost every window we have looks out to trees and flowers (we had similar views downstairs of course, but mostly looked at tree trunks and concrete).
 |
| the first night catching all the mosquitos with the bat |
 |
| not quite settled, but the kids are clearly at home |
We're also in the process of having all of our paintings and pictures hung. I suppose I should've had a little more input on where the kids put their stuff on the walls, but at least they can see it all...
 |
| the kids artwork |
So, there's just something different about how things get placed here. Almost everyone comments on the awkward furniture placement when you first arrive and all the rearranging that gets done. Plus, things that would seem to go together, are often not placed together...or are placed
mostly together (like all the glasses in one cabinet, and 2 in a different one). The most wonderful thing about this move is how little I had to do for it. That includes not only the actual move, but the putting away too! I really don't know how we would've done it otherwise. That has it's own set of issues of course (albeit minimal in comparison with the pluses). Some things just get put away a little bit differently... Kids markers were mixed in with dress up clothes...Barbies with Transformers.... Again, I'm not
complaining, just
explaining... :)
Our pantry is a perfect example. Here is our pantry after our wonderful ladies finished...
 |
| the liquor cabinet tucked away in a box |
 |
pumpkin stacked over beans, with couscous and chili
|
And after I straightened up to suit my own tastes....
No comments:
Post a Comment