Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oscar


oscar was painting this statue with water for good luck
Now for Oscar... Our beautiful boy is doing amazingly well. He got his first report card from school and is doing wonderfully. We had our parent-teacher conference last week and his teacher told us he was a model student and a teachers dream because he always follows directions, and makes sure everyone else is too. That definitely sounds like our boy! His areas of improvement include cutting, coloring and letter formation. :) He's started reading and can identify a lot of words. He can also count to 50 and backwards from 20. His favorite thing about school is recess, and his least favorite is writing. He also likes getting his work done, "so I don't have to do it later." Smart kid.

He was singing in the car today and I asked him what he was singing and our driver told me in Tamil! He sang well enough for our driver to reconize the song and help him out with the next lines. Oscar was extremely pleased to find out he knew more Tamil than I did.

an art project from school
For the first time today, he chose to stay home with Pricilla and finish his breakfast instead of going with me to pick up Livi from school. This is HUGE for him!

His favorite color is red. His favorite food is pancakes and favorite drink is fruit punch. His fav toys are still legos and transformers.

I was looking at Oscar's school schedule and noticed that he gets 3 weeks off from school for Christmas. I asked him what we were going to do for so much time and he tells me," I don't know what you're going to do, but I'm going to play with my toys." Sounds like a plan.

mango mountain, oscar's favorite fruit
He's been having "scary thoughts" just before he falls asleep. We usually tuck the kids in and within 15 minutes, Livi is out to report to us that Oscar is crying. One of us will go in and he'll tell us he had a scary thought about something, usually Captain Hook. (Interesting since we don't really watch the movie or show and only have 1 book that he hasn't even seen recently). We let him know he's safe and we love him, and my recent form of distraction is having him think about his Christmas list. It's worked wonders this past week although I have to get some ideas beyond Transformers, Legos, and Nerf guns.

Today he told me he loved me "too much," I told him that wasn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment