Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Catch up












Well, I've been lagging and just haven't had the time or been in the mood to post...too much Facebook! :) Anyway, here's some recaps:

Halloween was awesome. Oscar looks quite miserable in the pictures, but LOVED his costume and trick or treating. He made it to about 3 places (we trick or treated on the main street in town before the annual parade) before he started eyeing the candy and me as if willing me to tell him he could have a piece. Needless to say he had a few once he used his words :) Olivia, the social butterfly, loved the costumes. One would catch her eye and she'd coo and reach her arm out the the person wearing it. Oscar also got a kick out of handing out candy and was so generous we had to hold him back from giving each person 2 handfuls... :) Granted, he only lasted about 10 minutes doing it but I was impressed at his willingness to share!

Oscar is off from school this week and I had a chance to spend some one on one time with him earlier in the week. I got a sitter for a few hours and we had so much fun walking around town. We hit his favorites - dunkin donuts for munchkins, the toy store, and the park! I probably had more fun than he did since it was such a rarity for me to have him all to myself!
Olivia is cute and impossible - and I mean that in the most loving way! She's still not sleeping through the night - although she did make it one night from 7pm-5am. This was miraculous, but she followed it with an all nighter (which is pretty much up every 1-2 hours) so it may have been a fluke. At least I know she's capable though! Her best is up 1-2 times a night which is very doable for me. I just don't get why she can sleep well one night and horrible the next! Falling back isn't helping either of course...

Oscar's vocabulary and grasp of the world amazes me. We were walking back from the grocery store the other day and Olivia started to get a little fussy. He looks at me and says "Maybe she's frustrated because all of the leaves are falling off the trees." Earlier that day we'd talked about how Olivia loves to look at the leaves moving in the wind. Man he's cute, if I do say so myself!

Olivia's newest - Stands for a few seconds on her own, sometimes bear walks instead of crawling, pushes boxes around on the rug to walk (she's bends way to far forward though), no true babbling but I catch her almost silently making "b-b-b" noises sometimes, prefers to feed herself and will often take food out of your hand to check it out (I'm assuming she's making sure it's acceptable) before putting it into her mouth herself!, LOVES wrestling - she's fearless and gets right into the mix

Alrighty. Feeling very sleepy...til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment