Tuesday, November 6, 2018

September with Harry

With the big kids at school, Harry and I settled into somewhat of a routine. We broke out the Halloween skeletons mid-month and Harry was so  happy to be reunited with his pals. He put them where he wanted in the house and wouldn't let anyone else touch or move them!



They watched the first showing of Nightmare Before Christmas together.


Harry is out of his Coco phase, but we still love the movie and I had some creative fun transforming a country rooster into an alebrije.

We joined a few playgroups, and Harry likes to meet up with his friends. He also tells me "no talk" when we arrive places, which is essentially telling me I'm not allowed to talk to other people, so we're definitrely still in a mama phase.

One of our playgroup outings was at Oxen Hill Farm, a great farm only 10 minutes from our house. Harry loved meeting the chickens, horses, and cows. He talked about picking and feed a horse an apple for weeks!










Our September was a month of extreme highs and lows. Harry has been our most emotional child and we can go from amazing giggles and snuggles to screaming and disaster in 2 seconds. Sometimes the reason is obvious (the usual suspects like tired or hungry) and sometimes it's random...a train coming off the track, a diaper that needs to be changed, you cut his food wrong, leaving the house, coming in from the car.... As we've entered into November, I can say it's calmed down a little but we still have a few major tantrums a week. This is a huge improvement from the 1-2 a day we we're having in September though!

Here's a little poem I wrote, most likely during naptime after a tantrum:

Everything we do I face with trepidation
Which moment will cause him to explode?
A tempemental time bomb
Is my 2 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment