Tuesday, January 17, 2017

8-monthiversary

After catching up before Christmas, I'm back to being about a month behind. If I don't post on Harry soon he'll be walking in my next post! So to jump ahead in time, here we are for Harry's 8 monthiversary...



He's always in motion, and reminds me of baby Livi with his constant smiles and need to be on the move. He's crawling, climbing, testing his legs and balance, and trying to take some steps. His chubby little legs aren't quite ready for that yet, but that doesn't stop him from trying! He's most happy when he's outside and standing...and trying to eat leaves and dirt. He climbed our full flight of stairs for the first time this week, and went right up to the top on his first try.


He's an eating machine, and after resisting any puree/mash, he skipped right to finger foods and will eat just about anything you put in front of him. In the past few weeks he's expanded his palate incredibly and has eaten bite size pieces of chicken, meatballs, bananas, cheddar cheese, rice, cooked carrots and peas, zucchini, quinoa, hummus, scrambled egg, and french fries...He'll just shovel it right in and make these sweet little humming noises. He eats a fruit pouch in the morning along with some cheerios or puffs while the big kids are eating their breakfast. Then for lunch he has some kind of cooked vegetable and either meat or hummus. For dinner he has another veggie and then whatever meat we're having for dinner. It actually makes it so much easier to feed him now that he eats parts of what we do!




He's still not a great sleeper, and every morning I entertain the notion of the crying it out method of sleep training. Except every night my resolve weakens and I end up nursing him to get us both back to sleep as quickly as I can. Oscar always offers to help out but if I can hear him crying in the other room I ultimately still go in to nurse him. We're going to really try this week...wish us luck...




No comments:

Post a Comment