Friday, May 2, 2014

School Daze

Livi comes home with examples of her school work from time to time, and it always amuses me how they "grade" her worksheets. I've heard that the French education system can be strict, but this was the first time I really saw it in action… She usually gets happy faces on her work, but apparently her letter J is considered frown worthy. She didn't seem bothered by it, but I made a point of telling her she did a wonderful job and I thought her J's were lovely. Frown and all, we are excited to get official notification that Livi will be going back to her school next year! Phew. One down and one to go…we're still trying to figure out the best option for Oscar next year but homeschool is looking more and more likely.

Between travel, a change in schedule for gymnastics, and cost, we decided that horseback riding could take a back burner for a bit. Here Livi is during her last lesson for a while riding Blackjack - the first one is a blurry since she was trotting, but check out her posting form! She's all smiles when she rides, and spent the car ride home talking about how she wants to have a stable so she can bring the horse home with her. I told her that was a wonderful idea…. for when she grows up and has her own house!



And our gorgeous spring weather continued in April. The kids broke out their bath suits and covered the front stoop with all sorts of mazes and portals…

And another seemingly simple painting project evolves…
wait, I'm not done yet

now i'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment