We loved the zoo so much, we went back last week for the Boo in the Zoo! Complete with games, a trick or treat trail, haunted house, and ghost train it was a great night out and a Halloween preview. I learned my first lesson in costume making as well... Oscar was dead set on being an eagle for Halloween. I couldn't find a costume so I decided to make him one. I spent about a week putting together the outfit and sewing away, and he happily tried it on in different phases. On the night of Boo in the Zoo he put on the end result, and was the saddest eagle I'd ever seen. For the final touches, I'd sewed felt on the head and it rubbed against his neck…just enough to make him REALLY itchy. When I saw how disappointed he was, I swallowed my crafting pride and told him he could pick out another costume we had in the house. The power ranger, dinosaur, and knight weren't cutting it, and while he was fighting back tears I was scrambling to think of something else he could wear and blurted out, "You could always just wear your skeleton PJs." and his face lit up. Just like that we were out of the woods and on our way. An ecstatic skeleton and spunky Draculaura went to the zoo and had a ball, and Mama tucked the eagle costume away for posterity…
 |
| Draculaura |
 |
| the unhappiest eagle |
 |
| a very happy (and comfy) skeleton |
 |
| they were very generous with the trick or treating! |
 |
| our local neighborhood storm troopers |
 |
| both kids were in awe of Darth Vader |
 |
| The Oscars rode the scary ghost train and said the highlight was a bunch of kids dancing to Thriller at the end! Although Oscar liked the guys with the chainsaw and pumpkin heads that were chasing the train too… |
No comments:
Post a Comment