Whether it was my impending first day of work, an attempt to bring a sense of fall to our "4 seasons of summer" locale, inspiration from Pinterest, or a combo of all we've been all sorts of crafty things this past month...
 |
| When painting, is impossible to have Livi not paint herself eventually |
 |
| Oscar "one finger' painting |
 |
| Mini cherry pies. Livi wasn't impressed but Oscar LOVED them... |
 |
| Mama's cozy gaucho pants or the latest fashion on the runways in Paris? |
 |
| Cookie time! Always serious business. Clothing optional. |
The evolution of frosting cookies...Oscar had lost interest at this point and went to play Legos. He did enjoy eating them once they were frosted though.
 |
| Initially focused on the task at hand |
 |
| "Just a lil bit" |
 |
| How far can I go with this? |
 |
| No holding back |
 |
| What you can't see is the sugar-high dance that followed |
In other monumental news, I started work last week! I was really nervous about getting back into the swing of things in a job I've never done before, but it was really fun to be back in the office! I will probably take a trip to Delhi soon to get some much needed training which I'm really excited about. (The acronyms alone are enough to make my head spin...). The initial excitement of my first day faded a little when I realized I have to get up an hour earlier than I've gotten used to and now need to get 3 people ready by 7:45am (big Oscar is on his own as far as feeding himself and picking out his clothes....). Overall the change has impacted the kids very little which makes it so much easier to leave in the morning. Little Oscar has had the least change since his school day is pretty long anyway. Livi has such a great relationship with her babysitters she's just taking it in stride, waving goodbye and giving multiple kisses as we head out. It's also fun to see big Oscar more! I do miss my friends a little, and the ability to shop or go out for lunch whenever I wanted...but honestly that was a bit of a charmed life I was feeling a little guilty about! With housework being taken care and the kids busy in school (and Livi reaching the age where she wants to go to playdates on her own) this is a great time to get back into the working world! So for now, I'm feeling really good about it and think it will be a great way to finish up our last year here....


I'll leave you with a Halloween preview...Livi was the agreeable subject for both costumes. A Red Power Ranger and a Princess!! Oscar's is pretty straight forward and follows with his latest obsession with the TV show. Apparently, there are like 5 different Power Rangers on and he's amenable to watching any and all of them! The "princess" dress is one Livi actually picked out for her costume on-line. She surprisingly strayed away from the Disney Princess collection, and just chose a nice fancy pink one! I chose to ignore all the comments about it on Amazon saying what a fabulous "pageant dress" it made....
No comments:
Post a Comment