Friday, January 21, 2011

From the mouths of babes

more fun in the snow
Although Livi is added more words to her vocabulary, her most frequent are 'me, oz, mommy, daddy, juice, dis, and no.' They usually come out as combinations of 2 words (NO! ME! and MOMMY! DIS! are probably most common). The "Mommy dis!" is most confusing because it means anything from "I want to eat that banana" to "Mommy, there's a big boogie coming out of my nose and I need to you take care of it." However, I did hear her first 3 word statement today, "Mommy poopy ooof!" Any guesses on the translation?....Essentially that was "Mommy, look at that pile of dog poop!" Yes, we have our share on the streets of Hoboken and my children are very good at spotting (and avoiding) them! :)

And dear sweet Oscar has his wonderful way of expressing himself and his world. Today we were walking to school in the snow and he mentioned that in India there wouldn't be any snow. I told him no, but that it would be warm all the time so we could swim in pools a lot. He liked that idea. Then he added, "And in India there will only be chinese food and chinese restaurants!"

He also announced today, while jumping on the couch with Livi, that he wanted another baby brother. I told him that you didn't get a choice if you were going to have a baby borther of sister if a baby was coming. He decided it was OK, and wanted a sister afterall. He then changed his mind and said he didn't mind if it was a brother or sister. When I asked him why he wanted another baby he said, "Because I love my family so much I want more of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment