Friday, July 24, 2009

An almost-family portrait and why Oscar is a cool kid!



I know that everyone thinks their children are wonderful, but I just have to share a few things on why Oscar is such a cool kid:


1. He sees dinosaurs in soap bubbles

2. He goes under the covers and says "I'm going on an adventure!"

3. His "why?" is "why because?"

4. The first time I planned to have some one-on-one time with him, he asked why Olivia couldn't come - "Because I love her!"

5. He wants to be an airplane pilot when he grows up, and will give everyone rides

6. He loves to read, and I hear him reciting parts of books while he plays on his own

7. He has an imaginary friend named Paco who is very small, can hide under the couch, and sometimes gets timeouts.

8. He'll completely ignore you when he's absorbed in play (or TV) until he hears the words sweets, dessert, or we spell something (like T-R-E-A-T)- he'll then turn right around and ask "mama, what are you talking about?", even if he's in the other room.

9. When Olivia starts crying he tells me I need to go and get her.


Ah, they make me smile! A good list to remember when he's in a mood and shouting "No!" Whoever said Terrible Twos??? :) So many more but all I can remember right now.

1 comment:

  1. I love this list, especially the "why because" - Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete